Friday 11 September 2009

Bizarre Dream About National Trust Property Visit

Last night I had a very odd and vivid dream about a visit to a National Trust property. I'm not sure if the National Trust property in the dream actually exists (I suspect not) but here's how the dream unfolded.

The National Trust property in question was a small cottage like place. Very nice quaint kitchen garden (a bit like Greys Court's). On leaving the property we then saw in the distant a massive monument which was probably about 30 times bigger than, ummmmm, Buckingham Palace. The whole structure was made of marble and it was raining!

Anyway our group set out to climb to the top which after a few near fatal falls we all managed to do. We were sensible enough to leave the children at the bottom in the play area. The views were amazing from the top but it was a little bit slippy - scary!

Anyway, the best bit was that at the top we discovered the monument had a slide all the way down to the bottom. We peered down the slide and because it was mirrored we could see and talk to the children at the bottom in their play area. We were warned by my daughter that the bottom of the slide was very wet so we slid down on our coats. This was very wise as we had to swim out of the bottom bit.

Then my dream ended abruptly (like they normally do).

Was I dreaming about a real National Trust property (I guess not) or do I just need help? Perhaps I'm just suffering withdrawal symptoms as I haven't used my membership for a good few weeks now.

No comments: