Tuesday 1 September 2009

Comedy Letter from Scottish Power

I thought I'd share this letter I received from Scottish Power today.

I've recently decided to switch from Scottish Power to EDF Energy (to save a little money). Today I received the letter below to tell me that the switch could not proceed until my outstanding balance had been cleared. Fair enough? Well, yes you'd think so, but take a look at the letter in detail (click on the image for a large version) and you'll see where the issue lies.

Comedy Letter from Scottish Power
So, what do you think I should do?
  1. Nothing.
  2. Call them and try to pay them £0.00 via my debit card. That could be a fun conversation.
  3. Send a cheque for the value of £0.00. I prefer the idea of trying to get a postal order for £0.00. Do people still use those?
  4. Go to a PayPoint location / Post Office and insist that I want to pay them £0.00.
One of those 4 options is the sensible option and the other 3 could be quite fun for somebody with time on their hands. Any volunteers?

No comments: